Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Desdemona's soliloquy

I found this song, Oblivion by Grimes, that reminded me of Desdemona from Othello. I decided to try copying Shakespeare's writing by adapting the song to fit the story and be formatted like a soliloquy. I would probably insert this soliloquy at the start of Act V scene II.


Background of Act V Scene II: In this scene, Desdemona is discouraged by her husband's treatment and how far they've grown apart. In the end Othello comes to their bedroom and kills her out of false jealousy.  




Oblivion by the Grimes: 
Soliloquy:

Another walk-about after dark.

My lord is not my lord,unvarnished he me.
Beset right here, with which cause I wish. 
My lord is victory. I beg his discolored spirit.
Alas he leaks, to me yet falsely.
Now I’m left behind
Parted,with no key.
My sense aches at thee,
waiting till death departs. Always looking straight.
Othello lend a hand
From unlawful touch.
My eyes observe you on a darkened night.
O tis troubling seeing you in light.
I cannot weep for love. By virtue I wait
A look into my eyes, preferring my health

No comments:

Post a Comment