Thursday, January 19, 2012

Henry V a second chance

   While discussing Henry the V with a co-worker I found a new found appreciation for the play. So I still don't like the story, but it is brilliantly written (kudos to Shakespeare!) My co-worker(It's funny how many people randomly love shakespeare)and I talked about the brilliance of metaphors in the play and the many speeches King Henry gives (He's a fan of them.)I don't remember his examples, but looking back at the play I found some I enjoyed. For example an exchange between Henry and the Dauphin where the two talk metaphorically about a tennis match. I played tennis and I really connected with that scene. The banter starts out playful and derogatory and ends with Henry threatening France, but it's so subtle which is awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment