Friday, January 6, 2012

Let me start by saying I love Shakespeare.  This is however a recent development since I spent most of my adolescent years cursing the play wright.  My first exposure to Shakespeare's work was in tenth grade. My english teacher assigned Hamlet for a weekend reader. The language intimidated me and i was so focused on the plot any references, humor, or symbolism was lost on me.  In short my first encounter with Shakespeare was a dud.

Now lets fast forward to my senior year.  My friends convinced me to take a Shakespeare english class (BTW guys, eternally grateful!). We read The Tempest, Taming of the Shrew, Twelfth Night etc. But more importantly, I had an amazing teacher who taught me how to read and appreciate Shakespeare.   Which brings you up to date in my affair with the writer.

Now for my blog...  I got my title from an R&J quote, but I kind of changed it to apply to me. Im in the early stages of college and the later stages of growing up. Part of this experience includes an awesome Shakespeare class that I'm taking this semester which is the inspiration for this blog.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment